Friday, January 16, 2009

National Nothing Day!!!

So I got to work this morning and turned on my computer to find out that today is National Nothing Day!!! Who knew this sort of day even existed! But I did a little research on it to make sure it was a more or less a real holiday! Apparently it was created by a newspaper man, Harold Pullman Coffin in 1973. It is a day that is supposed to provide Americans with one day where we can just sit with out celebrating, observing or honoring anything! As much as I love celebrating holidays what a great day to give us an excuse to be a little lazier than normal! Unfortunately for me I still have to work as my job isn't excused for this bizarre day! But while I am here I guess I will try to not work as hard as I have the rest of the week! Really we should be having one of these days at least once a month! Although if you really think about it, anyday that is not a holiday could really be considered National Nothing Day! However as today is the official non observance of this national day I ask that each of you take some time today to just sit and do absolutley nothing!

4 comments:

Troy and Mandy said...

Amen to that!

Thorpe Family said...

I needed that day man! I felt like doing nothing all day yesterday!!! I had no desire to run reports, input numbers into spreadsheets, create schedules, etc. I did a lot of nothing, so I am glad I was observing a national day! I will tell my boss! Thanks!

Traci said...

what a great day! I don't think I did nothing that day though! Maybe next year :)!

Melissa said...

No wonder why I felt so lazy that day! Where do you get your almost-non-existent holiday info? Thanks for keeping us informed!